Feminist Websites, Blogs, and Resources
This list of feminist websites, blogs, and resources is updated by the WCC student staff. Listing here does not imply endorsement.
Anti-Violence Organizations and Resources
- Battered Women's Support Services: An organization working to eliminate the abuse of women, providing education, advocacy and support services for battered women.
- Hollaback: A project that aims to end street harassment by exposing it.
- INCITE: Nation-wide network of radical feminists of color working to end violence against women, gender non-conforming, and trans people of color, and our communities.
- Justice Now: An organization that works to stop violence against women, including state-sanctioned violence and incarceration, and promotes alternative responses to interpersonal violence outside of policing and prisons.
- Survived and Punished: An organization that works to end the criminalization of survivors of domestic and sexual violence.
- AbuseLawsuit.com: A law group that works to bring awareness to issues surrounding child sexual abuse, and extend the information and resources they offer to victims and survivors of institutional sexual abuse.
Blogs, News, and Online Magazines
- Autostraddle: News, Entertainment, Opinion, Community, and Girl-On-Girl Culture.
- Bitch Media: A feminist response to pop culture, run by the company that publishes Bitch Magazine.
- Black Girl Dangerous: This blog seeks to amplify the voices and experiences of queer and trans* people of color.
- The Body Is Not an Apology: Fosters global, radical, unapologetic self love which translates to radical human love and action in service toward a more just, equitable and compassionate world.
- Crunk Feminist Collective: A blog discussion among the hip hop generation of feminists of color.
- Everyday Feminism: An intersectional feminist online magazine.
- Feminist Frequency: A feminist web series about pop culture.
- Feminist Hulk Twitter
- Feministing: An active online community of feminist bloggers.
- For Harriet: An online community for women of African ancestry.
- Guerilla Feminism: Seeks to facilitate feminist street activism and feminist digital activism around the globe.
- Ill Doctrine: A hip hop video blog.
- Imagining Ourselves: An online, dynamic, multilingual exhibition sponsored by the International Museum of Women exploring the question, "What Defines Your Generation of Women?"
- Racialicious: Race and pop culture blog.
- Thoughts of an Angry Hijabi: Desi. Anti-Capitalist. Muslim Intersectional feminist blog.
- FairyGodBoss: A free resource and community of women who share advice and tips about pay, benefits, and company culture with a focus on gender equality in the workplace.
- Feminist.com: This site links visitors to activist resources.
- Protest.net: Lists progressive and leftist protests, meetings and conferences worldwide.
- Girls Inc.: Advocates for girls’ needs nationally and locally and develops research-based informal education programs.
- MANA: Dedicated to the empowerment of Latinas of all ages.
- The Ruckus Society: Dedicated to training and assisting environmental activists in the use of nonviolent civil disobedience.
Health and Reproductive Justice Organizations and Resources
- Advocates for Youth: Youth centered organization that seeks to uplift access to sexual health information and resources.
- Alternate Reproductive Justice: A collection of socially conscious news articles related to reproductive justice.
- Autoimmune Disease and Pregnancy Guide: A resource with information about the intersection of autoimmune disease and pregnancy.
- Guttmacher Institute: The mission of the Guttmacher Institute is to protect the reproductive choices of people of all genders.
- NARAL Pro-Choice America: Mission is to preserve and improve women’s access to legal abortion, contraceptive choice and quality reproductive care.
- Native American Women's Health Resource Center: A compendium of health programs benefiting indigenous people locally, nationally and internationally.
- Planned Parenthood: Delivers vital reproductive health care, sex education, and information to millions of women and men worldwide.
- Sister Song: Women of color reproductive justice collective.
- Trust Black Women: Supports Black women and girls with implementing reproductive health decisions that are personal, appropriate, accessible, and affordable.
International and Transnational Organizations
- Adbusters: An organization that tries to combat oppressive forms of the media.
- Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting: A media watch group that offers well-documented criticism of media bias and censorship.
- The Representation Project: This project looks to film and media content in order to break down gender stereotypes.
- Rookie Mag: This publication by and for teenage girls gives a feminist alternative to traditional teen magazines.
Queer & Trans Organizations
- National LGBTQ Task Force: A progressive civil rights organization that has supported grassroots organizing and advocacy since 1973.
- Sylvia Rivera Law Project: Works to guarantee that all people are free to self-determine gender identity and expression, regardless of income or race, and without facing harassment, discrimination or violence.
- Transgender Law Center: Changes law, policy, and attitudes so that all people can live safely, authentically, and free from discrimination regardless of their gender identity or expression.