Feminist Websites, Blogs, and Resources
This list of feminist websites, blogs, and resources is updated by the WCC student staff. Listing here does not imply endorsement.
Anti-Violence Organizations and Resources
- Battered Women's Support Services: An organization working to eliminate the abuse of women, providing education, advocacy and support services for battered women.
- Hollaback: A project that aims to end street harassment by exposing it.
- INCITE: Nation-wide network of radical feminists of color working to end violence against women, gender non-conforming, and trans people of color, and our communities.
- Justice Now: An organization that works to stop violence against women, including state-sanctioned violence and incarceration, and promotes alternative responses to interpersonal violence outside of policing and prisons.
- Survived and Punished: An organization that works to end the criminalization of survivors of domestic and sexual violence.
Blogs, News, and Online Magazines
- Autostraddle: News, Entertainment, Opinion, Community, and Girl-On-Girl Culture.
- Bitch Media: A feminist response to pop culture, run by the company that publishes Bitch Magazine.
- Black Girl Dangerous: This blog seeks to amplify the voices and experiences of queer and trans* people of color.
- The Body Is Not an Apology: Fosters global, radical, unapologetic self love which translates to radical human love and action in service toward a more just, equitable and compassionate world.
- Crunk Feminist Collective: A blog discussion among the hip hop generation of feminists of color.
- Everyday Feminism: An intersectional feminist online magazine.
- Feminist Frequency: A feminist web series about pop culture.
- Feminist Hulk Twitter
- Feministing: An active online community of feminist bloggers.
- For Harriet: An online community for women of African ancestry.
- Guerilla Feminism: Seeks to facilitate feminist street activism and feminist digital activism around the globe.
- Ill Doctrine: A hip hop video blog.
- Imagining Ourselves: An online, dynamic, multilingual exhibition sponsored by the International Museum of Women exploring the question, "What Defines Your Generation of Women?"
- Racialicious: Race and pop culture blog.
- Thoughts of an Angry Hijabi: Desi. Anti-Capitalist. Muslim Intersectional feminist blog.
- FairyGodBoss: A free resource and community of women who share advice and tips about pay, benefits, and company culture with a focus on gender equality in the workplace.
- Feminist.com: This site links visitors to activist resources.
- Protest.net: Lists progressive and leftist protests, meetings and conferences worldwide.
- Girls Inc.: Advocates for girls’ needs nationally and locally and develops research-based informal education programs.
- MANA: Dedicated to the empowerment of Latinas of all ages.
- The Ruckus Society: Dedicated to training and assisting environmental activists in the use of nonviolent civil disobedience.
Health and Reproductive Justice Organizations and Resources
- Advocates for Youth: Youth centered organization that seeks to uplift access to sexual health information and resources.
- Alternate Reproductive Justice: A collection of socially conscious news articles related to reproductive justice.
- Autoimmune Disease and Pregnancy Guide: A resource with information about the intersection of autoimmune disease and pregnancy.
- Guttmacher Institute: The mission of the Guttmacher Institute is to protect the reproductive choices of people of all genders.
- NARAL Pro-Choice America: Mission is to preserve and improve women’s access to legal abortion, contraceptive choice and quality reproductive care.
- Native American Women's Health Resource Center: A compendium of health programs benefiting indigenous people locally, nationally and internationally.
- Planned Parenthood: Delivers vital reproductive health care, sex education, and information to millions of women and men worldwide.
- Sister Song: Women of color reproductive justice collective.
- Trust Black Women: Supports Black women and girls with implementing reproductive health decisions that are personal, appropriate, accessible, and affordable.
International and Transnational Organizations
- Adbusters: An organization that tries to combat oppressive forms of the media.
- Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting: A media watch group that offers well-documented criticism of media bias and censorship.
- The Representation Project: This project looks to film and media content in order to break down gender stereotypes.
- Rookie Mag: This publication by and for teenage girls gives a feminist alternative to traditional teen magazines.
Queer & Trans Organizations
- National LGBTQ Task Force: A progressive civil rights organization that has supported grassroots organizing and advocacy since 1973.
- Sylvia Rivera Law Project: Works to guarantee that all people are free to self-determine gender identity and expression, regardless of income or race, and without facing harassment, discrimination or violence.
- Transgender Law Center: Changes law, policy, and attitudes so that all people can live safely, authentically, and free from discrimination regardless of their gender identity or expression.