Be a WCC Ambassador
The WCC Ambassador Program is an opportunity to be an integral volunteer with the Women’s Community Center programs and activities. We encourage anyone with an interest in issues related to gender equity to sign up, regardless of experience, gender, identity, or class year! Ambassadors are welcome to share their talents and ideas to help further the WCC’s mission of scholarship, leadership, and activism.
How can you get involved?
- Sign up for the WCC Ambassador email list here!
- Receive emails about volunteer opportunities
- Participate in WCC events as a volunteer
- Encouraged to attend informal weekly lunches to stay up-to-date on upcoming WCC events
- Contribute your ideas for WCC programming
- Encouraged to attend a quarterly WCC gathering with staff and interns (usually with delicious treats)
- Become a community liaison for the WCC
- Receive announcements of upcoming WCC events
- Make announcements in your communities (community centers, student groups, dorms, etc.) about WCC events
- Share with us your partnership ideas
What can you gain from this experience?
- Meet others interested in gender equity and addressing issues affecting women
- Provide critical support to programs around scholarship, leadership, and activism
- Promote intersectionality
- Learn about how events get planned and put on at Stanford
- Provide valuable input and feedback for future events and activities
- Participate in programming specifically created for ambassadors, including workshops on allyship, mental health, self-care, empathy and community building.
- Interact with faculty friends of the WCC
We encourage anyone with an interest in gender equity to sign up, regardless of experience, gender, identity, or class year!